Freitag, 29. Januar 2010

A little piece of heaven...

It's been exactly one month I heard about The Rev's passing.
28 is much too young to die.


R.I.P. Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan (1981 - 2009)
Drummer of Avenged Sevenfold

I think it was one of the worst things for me in 2009. I really love Avenged Sevenfold & their music. And Jimmy is a huge part of it. A great musician and writer with an extraordinary voice. He seemed to be a very crazy guy.

"The Rev is out of his mind.. - in the most wonderful way."-
 Valary DiBenedetto (on All Excess DVD)

This comment stayed in my head long after I watched the interview of Valary DiBenedetto on All Excess for the first time. I remember watching the videos of him and I was always laughing so hard. I remember talking about him with my best friend and we always ended up laughing or doing something crazy by ourselves. I remember watching the video M.Shadows put under his comment on avengedsevenfold.com and how the emotions just flowed through me as I watched it... crying - laughing - crying - smiling - laughing - crying. I really wish I would have had the chance to get to know hím, or at least to see him live... In August 2009 Avenged Sevenfold gave a concert in Dublin and I had the opportunity to go there. But I didn't. One of the biggest mistakes I could make.

The Rev was one of the most inspiring artists I've ever known. I promise I will never forget him and his music.

foREVer in my heart.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen